Chandler's Roofing uses GAF Solar, the most aesthetically pleasing solar roofing products possible. In fact, in many cases, we will be able to use BIPV solar panels which are designed to integrate seamlessly into your roof…even blending in with your specific tile colors if you have a tile roof!
No matter what kind of roof you have – tile or asphalt, flat or pitched, we have a good-looking solution.
Solar Energy Makes Financial Sense
Lower Your Energy Bill
By installing a solar system, you become your own energy provider, reducing electricity costs for the next 25+ years. Most utility companies will track your electricity generation through net metering and should credit you for the excess solar power you produce.
Over the past five years, the cost of electricity has risen on average 5% nationwide each year. Solar power can help offset these increasing costs. By producing your own electricity, you:
- Gain financial security by increasing energy independence
- Reduce your exposure to rapidly-accelerating utility costs
Increase the value of your property
A solar system is a home improvement that can reduce your energy costs and should increase the value of your home.
- Investments in energy efficiency are traditionally valued based on how quickly the investment pays for itself
- This investment in solar for your home adds value to your property - according to the National Appraisal Journal, every $1 saved in annual utility bills from solar and energy efficient roofing, adds roughly $20 to your home's resale value
It's more affordable than you might think
The size and cost of your solar installation depends on your electricity bill and energy savings goals. In many cases, we can install solar on your home for little or nothing down and incorporate it into a new, or existing roof.
- Solar systems don't necessarily need to offset 100% of your energy needs - partially offsetting your electric bills will still generate savings for your home
- In some cases, a home's solar system has been able to generate twice as much savings as the installed cost was to the homeowner, over the lifetime of the solar system
Current incentives lower the cost even further
With new federal, state, local and utility incentives, solar is more affordable than ever before. The federal tax credit for residential installations reduces your upfront cost by 30% through 2016. There are also several utility company rebates from LADWP, SCE and SDGE. Contact your Chandler's Roofing Project Manager for further details.