CARE - The Center for the Advancement of Roofing Excellence
CARE is a not-for-profit roofing educational organization founded in 1999 by GAF Materials Corporation, Building Materials Corporation of America and sponsored by The INDY Racing League®.
CARE offers professional, non-biased educational programs to the roofing industry. Over 125,000 professionals in the USA, Canada & Mexico have attended CARE courses.
Chandler’s Roofing is committed to CARE because roofing is a problematic industry and we want to make it better...
- Roofing is consistently a top complaint category to the Better Business Bureau.
- Architects estimate that 50-75% of their litigation comes from roofing.
- Thousands of dollars are wasted in roofing annually.
- In an NRCA study, "Roofer" was listed #248 out of 250 desirable occupations.
- There is limited training available for roofing professionals
CARE offers our staff:
1) Unbiased Content
- CARE is not biased toward any single roofing technology
- All roof systems have strengths and weaknesses which CARE points out
- Courses for our staff focus on the information needed to make the right choice for individual owners, buildings and budgets
- CARE courses educate our staff on how to avoid the most common mistakes made in roofing and roofing systems
- Traditional training follows a “Do This” approach - never telling the students “Why” a certain way is better than another
- CARE courses always use the “What and Why” method of education, helping our staff deliver to our customers superior results and a complete understanding of the proper roofing system for their needs